Saturday, January 8, 2011

Warm Hands Club

After so many stockinette-heavy sweaters, I decided to go the opposite route for a while: mittens and gloves with varying degrees of cabling. This also gave me a chance to use up some of my scraps and get a feel for what makes a good mitten or glove.


Warm hands for the new year! But, of course, once one fascination has abated, another one rears is head. Now that hands have been taken care of, it'd be nice to have ensure ears are not forgotten. Inspired by the following Steve Alan beanies, it seems like chunkier knits are in my near future. I'm not complaining.

1 comment:

  1. the gloves and mittens are beautiful, melinda!! jeepers! i especially love the grey gloves, and they all look so ....i don't know how to explain it, but very masculine in a really cool way. hope you have a happy new year of engaging and rewarding projects.

    ReplyDelete