Wednesday, April 7, 2010

10 Things That Make Me Happy


1. Getting ready for another trip up to New York (yep, we're taking this show on the road). I've been listening to NY-themed songs and reading NY-themed lit (um, The Zoo Story does take place in Central Park...).
2. Washing my hair only every couple of days and laughing to myself about how dirty, greasy, and stinky I must look to my coworkers (seriously, I do shower. I just don't shampoo all the time).
3. Mumford and Sons!
4. Minty drinks in the form of mojitos and mint juleps.
5. My new apartment with its washer, dryer, microwave, internet, and dishwasher. What luxuries!
6. PUGS. So ugly, you have to love them.
7. Lipsticks, nail polishes, and perfume. When I'm too lazy to make myself up, which is frequently, I can always put on some flashy lipstick, spray myself down with perfume, look down at my nails, and say to myself "that's good enough!"
8. Hanging out with my homeys and listening to Notorious BIG. The combination of the two occurs way more than one could ever hope for.
9. Keeping it simple. This is the theme for the summer. Uniform: t-shirts and cutoff jean shorts. Plan: read, have a drink or two (see #4), chill, go on an adventure, sleep soundly, eat good food.
10. Zoos, aquariums, and museums. These seem to go together in my mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment