Tuesday, April 27, 2010

get a grip

With all the free time I've been afforded due to my own calling on for a personal vacation, I've been given tons of time to do the things that truly make me happy, and with all the little things aside, I've been attempting to make an effort to write again. I used to write a lot before than I do now, but now feels different. Now I feel as if there's pressure (even though there isn't) for me to write something that I really truly care about. And while writer's block is making itself known, the main problem is finding something to write about that I honestly do care about. Do I really care about the umpteenth collaboration that whozits doing with whatzits? Not really. Do I think people haven't read (or already written about) the new bag that the house of whoever is releasing? They probably have. So in an attempt to rid myself of this writer's block and a bit of the negative vibes I'm putting out, I'm going to try and just write about whatever fancies me, so that maybe, I can get to something really, really good.

Heavy shit aside, on one of my more boring days yesterday, I went on an amazingly long walk and found myself searching for curtain fabric at the thrift store, which was a total failure (since when do thrift stores realize their gems and price it as such! wtf!). But I did manage to snag this adorable knitting magazine that had such a clean, pure style to it, I had to bring it home with me. I by no means knit at all (that's my sister), but with all that perfectly blown out hair, the sophisticated little grins that say, "oh, i wake up this way," and those plump fake eyelashes, I figured what the heck. I have a hard time finding good inspiration in magazines these days, perhaps I blame myself for overexposure, but these pictures inspire me. I may not always want to look so prim and proper, but these pictures make me want to stop with the T-shirts and plant some pearls on my neck. I suppose it's a nice breath of fresh air from all the editorials that always try to give off that "easy" air, that very throw-on-and-go type of grunge. I forgot for a second that everything wasn't all ripped and loose, and that there's still room for sophistication.

No comments:

Post a Comment