Monday, May 10, 2010

nom noms

Some recent food hits in le cafe petite (aka, my tiny kitchen).

Nutella and sunflower butter spread with a heavy hand over rice cakes and topped with my rapidly ripening bananas. I've also tried a combo of tofutti cream cheese and strawberries atop rice cakes, with equally delicious results.

I've recently concoted a gardenburger that I am exceptionally happy with, on which I put every vegetable available in my fridge, including (but not exlusive to): cherry tomatoes, romaine lettuce, red peppers, cucumbers, vegenaise, mustard, avocado, and a whole mess of black pepper. Also a bit of snap peas with dairy free ranch to round it all out.

I did not create this cookie (although I wish I did), but I have been totally hooked on these vegan tofu cookies, which I thought would be disgusting, but they're so tasty! They are a little paler than your typical cookie, but the taste does not disappoint.

*sidenote: I am not vegan, although my food choices seem to show otherwise, but I am lactose intolerant, and am dealing with a daily struggle of not cosuming dairy. Lactaid is not an option people, I simply must omit the dairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment