Tuesday, May 4, 2010

u haul

Perhaps I've been watching too many youtube makeup tutorials, but after what seemed like a century long spending ban, I decided to do a mini vamp on my beauty products. It's not all that exciting, but considering I haven't spent in a while, Aveeno cleansing pads make my heart practically skip a beat.


1. Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleansing Pads: I've been using Morning Burst as my sole cleanser lately, and I don't really like it, but I hate to waste so I've just been trying to pump through it quickly. And finally, I'm almost out! so I went back to my old favorite, the Aveeno cleansing pads. I feel like they really get in my skin since it lathers pretty well, and takes all the makeup and nasty mess out. Plus, it doesn't dry me out, which is a definite plus because flaky skin is the worst.

2. E.L.F. Complexion Brush: This brush is kinda shaped oddly for its purpose, more flat than round, but it was cheap, and I was dying to buy something from E.L.F. since Target had taken it away for a while and just recently put it back. I needed a new brush anyways since the one I had was ancient, so this'll do, and it's pretty soft.

3. Biore Pore Strips: I stopped using these for a while, and I'm not sure why, because they're totally amazing. And I like to look at the strips afterwards. Gross!

4. E.L.F. Blush and Bronzer Compact: I heard that the powders in this compact are comparable to the Nars Orgasm blush and the Nars bronzer, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I like the colors a lot, and although I think the bronzer is a bit dark, the application goes on nicely and the pink looks pretty close to the Nars shade. If you'd rather spend $3 on a gold flecked pink blush instead of $25, I'd definitely try this out.

5. MAC Lipstick in Ravishing: This is one of those, saw-it-in-a-youtube-tutorial purchases, which I'm a sucker for. But the girl had a similar skin tone as me, and it looked fantastic. So post-purchase and a day of wear, and I love it too! It goes on sheer initially, but it builds easily, and has a soft coral, slight pinkish color. Probably not so good for fairer skin, but very good for tan or olive tones. It's the first swatch on my hand below.

6. Clinique Black Honey Lipstick: So I had heard tons of people raving about this lipstick, and when you look at it in the tube it just looks black and scary. But once you put it on, just as Clinique claims, it goes on in this beautiful sheer raisin color that apparently looks differently on every person, and good on every person! So I gave it a try, and just like the rest of the world, I had to have it. It's supposedly Clinique's best selling lip color, and I can see why. On the swatch on my hand it really just looks brown, but I think everyone should just try it out in the store to see the actual shade. It's sheer, but still noticeable, and really moisturizing.

I did forget to put a picture of this L'oreal lip gloss I recently got that's a really pretty cherry color, but that's because it was already in my makeup bag since I love it already. If I can figure out how to get this camera working how I'd like it to, then I'll show how it looks. I made out pretty good with some new spring makeup now that I think of it! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment